Back to School brings Blessings!

In more than one way! It's great to be back on a schedule and I think my kids are happy to be back in school as of day 2! Marci started 7th grade, Garrett 6th, Chloe 4th, Liam 2nd and Grant started Kindergarten. It was a fun first day of school. I walked with the little ones to the grade school but was soon left behind by Liam and Chloe. They seemed to know where they were going. Grant had started his walk out quite brisk but the closer we got to the school he seemed to slow it down. He never expresses concern and never said he was nervous but I could sense a little bit of it. We walked up and met his teacher Mrs. Kosch. He likes to say her name and thinks she is nice. There are many kids from the ward in his class so that is nice as well. The first day went smoothly and any nerves he might have had quickly went away.
Monday night Cyrus prepared a great lesson for the kids. They are so blessed to have a daddy who is such a wonderful teacher. He taught them that we need to know about Jesus in order to do what he does and to be like him. He then went on to give them each a back to school blessing. Here are a list of a few things mentioned in the blessings in hopes that we will remember them.

Marci:
-You have a spirit of joy and happiness.
- Find friends that will help you to be happy.
- Also, help them to be better.
- Listen to your teachers.
- Have the courage to NOT follow others but to follow our Saviors example.
- I bless you with a quick mind to do well on tests.
- Bless you to enjoy band and learn quickly.
- Follow the Lord, Work Hard and be kind and you will be filled with Happiness!


Garrett: (garrett specifically asked for help with penmanship, organization and to be better in sports)
-I want you to know that you are a special spirit. Heavenly Father loves you and you have set a great example.
- Follow the things the Holy Ghost tells you even when it is difficult.
- Always do the things that are right.
-Bless you to do well in your school work.
-Try hard to improve your penmanship, organization and to improve in sports.
-I want you to know that these blessings aren't magic. You have to work hard, pray and excersize faith and you will be blessed.
- Be around the right crowd and choose the right.
-Always be aware and help others around you.
Chloe:
-I want you to know the Heavenly Father loves you.
-He has given you gifts of being happy, friendly and kind. Always try and improve on these and help people around you be happy.
-Always have a smile even when it might be difficult.
-Look for those people that need your help.
-Bless you to understand the teachers explanations and that they might be clear. The Holy Ghost will help you.
-Always do what the Holy Ghost asks you to do.
-Try to always make people feel better.
-Develop your talents by working at them. The Holy Ghost will also help you with your singing and music.
-Always be kind and include people and never make people feel bad.
-Heavenly Father loves you and he is happy with you!
Liam:
-I bless you to understand the things your teacher teaches you.
-I bless you that school will be easy for you and you will be successful.
-Be modest and clean in the things you do.
-Always Choose the Right and follow the Holy Ghost.
-Never let people talk you into doing things that are wrong.
-Find lonely kids and help them feel good.
Grant:(his request was "I want the shortest blessing". He was last to go and was ready to move on to the next thing!)
-I bless you to be happy.
-To learn quickly.
-Have an open mind.
-The Holy Ghost will teach you all you need to know.
-I bless you to be protected.
-To like your teacher.
-To find friends.
-To enjoy school and come home and tell Mom all about it!
-Do your homework and learn your responsibilities.

Comments

Jill said…
Leanne-
Thanks for sharing such a special post.
I can't believe you are back to school. I am trying to relish the next two weeks. It's always hard for me to send my kids away again. But the structure is nice too.

Your children are blessed to have two wonderful parents. You can tell that they are being taught well.

PS. It was fun to see you if only for a minute at your parent's anniversary party.
Richard said…
Loved reading about your kids. You are so blessed -- each and every one of you! We love you. Our school starts on Wednesday next week. Blessings to come on Monday. Its such a wonderful time of year.
grandma said…
I just found my kids...so cute the pictures. I can't read now, Orallia is here and needs me. I will write again. This is the cutes idea...love you all m/gm
grandma said…
Couldn't stand it...gave Orallia instructions and came right back. Your intro is beautiful and I was so happy you included some of the blessings.,..now that I have read them I would say the same. Thanks so much to my Cryus. Good luck kids, stay happy! gm/m
Jean Karren said…
Leanne. You deserve all that you have, you know better than the rest of us what that includes and encompasses, though what we see is abundance. Thank you so much for sharing this. I only "smile-cried" a little :)

Popular Posts