Race Time!

We have been BUSY! But everyone is.... just wanted take a minute and update my blog.

I am training for two races at the moment! Hard to believe, but I am really quite excited. The first one takes place on the 25th of this month. The "bootcamp challenge" will be happening that day. About a month ago one of my friends asked if I was up to joining her and 4 others to this so called "bootcamp challenge". This will take place in San Diego: here is a quick description taken off the website:
The first and best! A fun and furious 3-mile course featuring obstacles used only by Marine Recruits at the Marine Recruit Depot. Get "encouragement" along the way at each obstacle by MCRD Drill Instructors. Compete as an individual or a member of a 3-person or 5-person team.
Great post-race party with plenty of music, food, drinks and beer, awards to the top 3 finishers in each category/age group, official race T-Shirts to all entrants. A very memorable day!
Register early!
A few things:
  • encouragement: I like how they put that in quotes! I'll imform you later about the "encouragement" I recieve from the drill instructors.
  • Free beer... not interested. BUT I walk home (or maybe hobble) with a brand new t-shirt.
  • The girls I am racing with are hard core marathon runners... Hope they don't mind pulling me along.
  • I'm super excited and nervous at the same time!

My team consists of Janet Sullivan, Dee Dee Kay Flores, Carmen Kaas and Amy Handel. They are all wonderful women that I really enjoy being around. It should be fun! We have been training with a Personal Trainer Kara Robison. She too is wonderful. I love her workouts. They kick my butt at times so well see if it helps out. I have also been running 3 or 4 times a week. I have improved my time for my 3 miles from 35 minutes (I know... that's really bad) to 30 minutes. I am really hopeing to be in the 29 minutes this week. It has consumed a lot of my time but I am really enjoying it.

The next race I am doing I get to do with Cyrus and his sister Jill. We are doing a sprint tri-athelon. 800 meter swim, 12 mile bike and a 5K run. I did one years ago and I am so glad I am doing another one. I have been swimming and biking to prepare for this one! Once the boot camp challenge is over I'll have 2 weeks to think about this one.

I love these challenges... it really helps to do these things with other people. It has reminded me alot of my time spent with Tina Richards when we were at the Uof U. I miss her... she was a fun workout partner to have.

I'll update again once I have finished!

Comments

grandma said…
Just compete with yourself! That is hard enough. thanks for posting...I'll pray for you..m

Popular Posts