Heartburn?


So, I had Cyrus pick up some pizza on the way home from work because I had been busy with a photo session until 5:00 and really didn't feel like making dinner, and I was pretty excited for some yummy pizza... well I guess 3... or was it 4 peices was way too many... because I am feeling it now... even still at 10:30! But it actually is giving me a minute to sit and blog. If I do this I might not think about this awful pain i've got in my chest AND my back! I think i've had heartburn about three times in my life and it is NO fun! I'm not liking this feeling at all. I don't want to ly down and go to sleep for fear that it will come back even stronger. I guess any of you that have had heartburn know what i'm talking about.
Anyway, I have missed the blogging world lately. I have been way too busy. I like it but at the same time I have to question my busyness. I guess I asked for it and shouldn't complain too much about it.
I miss documenting my family life.... so to catch up on December....
Did Christmas already come and go? That was way too fast. We had a wonderful Christmas season. We were able to go down to the Davis' for a Christmas party and have the annual white elephant gift exchange. I think my Victoria Secret socks were a hit as was the oil painting of me. While I was on my mission some boy painted a picture of my on canvas and gave it too me... it looked just like me only with a Japanese Anime twist. Sort of scary looking, but I knew that someday it would make a great White Elephant gift. I finally pulled it out of my sock drawer and wrapped it up. I think Cyrus was a little sad to see it go. Anyway, we had a great time decorating gingerbread houses and eating way too much food. It's always fun to be at the Davis' home. But again I wish lived closer.
Anyway, we spent Christmas Eve with the Prices and the Simms. Jeremy and Sandy prepared a great meal and we all just sat around and visited. It was good for me to finally sit down for a minute. I think I was feeling a little bah humbug this season because of the "sure, I can get that done for you" attitude I had way too often... so it was good to sit with friends and family and talk about Christmas and tell Christmas stories. My kids were very excited.... as most kids, but I woke up at 6:00am Christmas morning and my kids were still sound asleep! I had to wait until 7:00 before I heard some little voices outside my room. It was a great morning. Fun presents were shared and then the day was spent building Legos, playing Guitar Hero (thanks so much Jeff and Julia), playing webkins, cooking a good meal and relaxing in my pjs... I don't think I did ANY work that day (well I only delivered one set of prints at 8:30 that evening... well, what can I say, it was soembodies Christmas Present!).
The girls both recieved Clairs giftcards to get their ears peirced. They were very excited, so you can probably guess where we went on the 26th of December... yes... the Mall... we are a little insane but we ventured out to fight the crowds. When we got to Clairs my girls were a little nervous and it didn't help that the little girl ahead of us in the line started to cry even before the lady pulled out the trigger... Chloe made sure Marci went first and I could tell she was trying real hard to hide the fear... but it was there. As soon as the lady pulled the trigger the first time I wondered if Chloe was ever going to make it but Marci pulled through and kept her straight serious face. The second hole was the same. Now it was Miss Chloe's turn. She hesitantly got up in the chair and was looking pretty nervous. I reminded her that she didn't have to do this and she could spend her money on something else... but I could also tell she really wanted to be brave and big like her sister. She sat up there and kept asking me to hold her had real tight... I was right there.... and we got it done... w/o any tears. I was pretty proud of my little Chloe because I could tell that she was fighting the tears but held together perfectly. It was a fun little adventure that I didn't go through until the day after I was engaged.
I'll have to post some of the Christmas pic tomorrow... I'm sitting at my laptop feeling a bit better and quite tired... I hope the burn is gone for good...

I just remember that I didn't post a thing about our anniversary... I want to do that tomorrow... (if I have a free minute)

Comments

Sims Mom said…
I'm here, just in and out a lot!

Popular Posts