Hide not your talent (even at 6:00am)

This morning I woke to the musical sounds of C-G-E-F-G-F-E-G-C! Marci and Garrett started piano lessons yesterday. They are pretty excited. I told them that they will have to practice at least 20 minutes a day. Marci woke up early and practiced at 6:10! I was quite impressed. I rolled out of bed at about 6:30 and all of the kids were already awake and getting ready for school. I guess Marci woke them all up with her lovely music as well. I'm so glad they are excited to learn. And we are very lucky to have the talented Christina Ranes as their teacher.




Brigham Young said:
If we wish to be taught, to receive, and understand, we must train ourselves.

Every man and woman that has talent and hides it will be called a slothful servant. Improve day by day upon the capital you have.
pg. 248

Comments

Anonymous said…
Piano lessons are so good for kids (for everyone). We don't even have a piano and Katie has been taking piano lessons for over two years, (We have a keyboard). Unfortunately, it's just too hard w/o a piano that we are quiting this month. Bummer. O well, maybe we'll get a piano someday... I love the piano, even though I'm not the greatest.
Richard said…
Good fof you! Piano lessons are harder for Moms than they are for kids, but its worth every sacrifice. Still don't know if we are going to visit you. Sorry we are so wishy washy.
grandma said…
Hey, I just found you tonight on the way to bed. Needed something to do so visited with Sarah and YOu. This one pleased me, you didn't tell they started, don't let them get discouraged but it is one of those things they HAVE to do. Did enjoy much your thanksgiving pictures with Prices. good visit love m

Popular Posts