If you need a good laugh... come hang out with this girl!
I love my little Charly...
Here are a few reasons why...
1. Today I took Marci and Chloe and some friends to the Mall.... Not a place I go very often. Not my favorite spot... but Marci had some money saved up and wanted to purchase a new hat before our trip to New York. So me and 6 little girls all hopped in the van (the three boys got to stay home and play PlayStation as long as they took turns and didn't pee their pants) and headed to the Mall. The first store the girls hit was Claire's.... A girls best friend. Charly was in heaven. She could not believe all the Pretty necklaces and bracelets that sparkled and shined. Some even had cute kitties on them. NOW... the sales lady on the hand did not think she was as cute and kept asking us "can I help you with anything?"
she then had to go potty... I love that she is potty trained and that she didn't give me a headache like her older brother Grant did.... The closest bathroom was through Macy's... so we walked in and her eyes were trying to take in every little detail... she loved the bright busy store with so many colors... BUT then we came upon some very unwanted guests. "the headless mannequins". She decided at this point that she wanted to go home. Lately... whenever she gets nervous she turns to me and says "I wanna go home"... She stopped and would not take another step. So there I was standing calling her to come but the headless man stood in between us therefore she would not move. So being the nice good mom that I am I picked her up and took her right up to where his head should have been... "no mom... I don't like that." But then there was another one... well... she got to see every mannequin up close and personal... It was rather funny. I think by the time we got out of the store she was okay with those crazy looking people.
2. Charly is very different than my other children in that she gets scared of the unknown. The other day I took her down an elevator for the first time (not even realizing that it was her first time) and she got nervous even before the doors opened. She knew this was a ride she didn't want to take. But we took the elevator anyway... Since then we've gotten to take it a few other times and I think she actually likes it by now.
3. She is my baby and therefore is labeled as "the princess". Its so hard when kids don't have another sibling to follow them because every little thing she does is "cute". Even when Dad was singing in the car the other day and she yelled out "STOP SINGING" Her eyes were turned down and everything... she was serious and expected Dad to listen.
4. She loves to sing.... She knows most key words to the kids favorite songs right now like "DOWN", "Fire Burning", "You belong with me"... and i'm sure there are more!
5. My three girls all have there rooms upstairs and the rest of us are on the main floor. It is so fun watching her with them. She thinks shes just as old as Marci, (as does Chloe)... I will find them quite often staying up talking, laughing, singing... as most sisters do... but the age difference is what cracks me up... 2, 9, and 12! They have a lot of fun together... hope that always continues. She does however think she is old enough to paint her toes. The other day I went up to Marci's room and found her covered in BLACK fingernail polish... it was poured all over the floor... and each toe was painted rather well. She had also poured it into to each cup of one of Marci's bras... Marci was not very happy... but of course... Charly's the princess so I thought it was rather funny! I know someday all these things shes doing AREN'T going to be near as funny but as for today, I'm enjoying them!
6. Whenever she sees a heart... she calls it a "happy heart"... I love that... I hope her heart always stays happy!
7. Today while I was editing pictures... I thought... that tub water has been on way to long... Charly was in the tub and I could hear her splashing and giggling but I thought it was time to turn the water off... THIS IS WHAT I FOUND... gotta love her!