Where have I been? Catch up time for the blog!

Well... mostly I've been sick! It's been rather annoying. About a month ago I had some strange attack in the middle of the night, come to find out I have gallstones. So they are going to remove my gallbladder. Apparently you don't really need one... makes me wonder why we even have one!?! I'm hoping it will make things better.... the cool thing about it all is everyone keeps telling me that I will feel soooo much better and that I'll be like a new person! So, I guess it's a cure all. I'm just kidding. I don't think it will cure me of not wanting to do laundry, or make dinner or match all the odd socks together, clean bathrooms.... we'll see, maybe it will.

Anyway, the kids are off track right now and occasionally that drives me nuts but for the most part I enjoy it. It means that I don't have to get up at 6:30, make lunches, get them all ready and out the door at 7:10! I don't miss those things. But it does mean that I can't let them sit in front of the tv or xbox all day... yes, life would be easier if I did allow that but I do try and not let it happen too often! I tell my kids they have to go hike the mountain or go to the park, read books, build with legos.... and if they do that for a few hours, they may earn themselves a little bit of time on the xbox! Here is a picture of my kids hiking in the hills behind our house. I sent them there the other day and they had to call me when they arrived at the top. So I took this from my front door step... Love my kids!






















Liam is growing up so much. He loves to read. He can read "Are you my mother?" all by himself. And he takes his Book of Mormon to bed and asks where we are so he can go and read all of the "the, and, is, Lord,.... well, all the easy words!" I think he's going to be a smart one too. He lost two teeth this week and the tooth fairy brought him a book and a lego set. He was quite thrilled... grant is now trying very hard to pull out his own teeth. Knowing him, he will suceed!




















Our neighbors are putting in a swimming pool so we had bobcat sitting in our backyard for a few days. The worker saw my little boys out side almost drooling on the thing so he said it would be okay for them to play on it! They were in heaven. My little charly was the worst. She was so mad when I finally pulled her away from it! Wish we could go play on the farm in Idaho. Those were good times. I remember spending hours on dads tractor and playing in the wheat field ... picking potatoes.... hours of fun in the dirt! Kids love it. Wish there were a little more of that here in Cali.


I wanted to add this picture of Charly. The other night for Family Home Evening we colored pictures and Charly was designated as the judge. She was to choose the best! Here she is studying them all. Grant is chanting "PICK ME, PICK ME!"






Life is good! We're happy and almost healthy!

Comments

kmickeld said…
I love the photo of Judge Charly
Jeremy Price said…
I hope that all goes as planned and you can finally feel better. What a fun hike for your kids and fun to have a pool going in next door.
peterson pack said…
Hope you feel better soon. I had my gallbladder out shortly after my last baby. Those stones are no fun and you will feel better. It didn't make me "want" to do my housework, but it does make you feel better. I am impressed at how busy you have stayed even though you haven't felt well. Good luck with your surgery hope it goes smooth.
PMick said…
I've missed you. Have you had your surgery yet? I hope so and I hope all is well. I love your pictures, your blog. Your kids are just the cutest.
grandma said…
Leanne, this is so cute! I just read and think how this gets more precious and fun with every year. Good Morning, make it a good day. March 10.

Popular Posts