Don't you love it when your sisters come to visit!

I'm kind of going backwards but I wanted to blog a little about one of the fun things I got to do over Christmas Break... As I mentioned below we were privileged to have Aunt Jean come and stay with us for Christmas! We all love her so much because she shares her love with us so freely. Well, on Saturday after Christmas Jean and I went to Lowes to pick up some sheetrock for the project we were doing in Garrett's room. Cyrus is building him a closet and need a few more sheets to finish the job. We thought we'd go and be home in a few minutes... well, cyrus will probably never send us again... two hours later we returned home with a few more things that 2 sheets of sheetrock. I had mentioned to Jean that I wanted her help decorating the very empty, large walls in my house... she has a great eye for things like that, so we thought we'd stop by Ross and see what we could find. Well... one wall turned into MOST of my walls. She was in heaven as she kept adding to the cart and discovering some great treasures Ross has hidden in those jam packed shelves of theirs. Well, after a while my cart was full and I had to say... "no more!"
We returned home and spent the day with a hammer, a level, a broom, a piano (this acted as our ladder at times), and a wonderful mind (of course Jeans) to put all of that STUFF together in my house. I thought i'd share some of the pictures of how it turned out! Thanks again Jean...
Also, Janet... she showed up a few days after Jean and she helped finish up even a few more walls.... I love it when my sisters show up and visit, now only if it could happen more often!



Here is a picture of the MICKELSEN 7- Ranch that I love! I have also had these pictures of my grandpa that were never framed. I was so happy to find a place for them together.
Here is a 110 year old oil painting that Cyrus recieved from his parents a few years ago... Janet and I had to tweek this old frame I had to make it fit but I think it looks really nice in it. This is above my fireplace... I still need something else on this wall... but I guess it will have to wait until another sister comes again!


Here are some pictures of Cyrus and his little helper Charly working on Garrett's closet!

Comments

Richard said…
Looks awesome. Did you get to buy new things, or were they things you had around the house? I bet you love it!!!
Richard said…
Nevermind -- I just looked at the pictures without reading. Busted.
meand4boyz said…
Looks like Jean needs to come to my house. 2 years and my walls are still bare!! That will change once I get all my Price Family Photography decorating done (but, I also need pretty "pieces" also, might have to go to Ross...)
sjmick said…
Leanne,

It looks wonderful. Thank goodness for sisters, they are truly the best. I will have to make a trip just to see your house.

Stephanie

Popular Posts