I looked back at some of my older posts today... dating back to 2008.  I was quoting Brigham Young every once in a while.  It's so much fun to look back at what I had written.  I think my writing needs practice... no... I do not claim to be any type of a writer but I do know that some days the words coming easier than others.  Today is Fast Sunday and so my head is still in a fog.  I think I need food.  Anyways... I wanted to find a quote from Brigham Young to share with you today. 

Today my Sunday School lesson was on Sprititual Self Reliance.  I first talked about the importance of being self reliant and how most of my kids are off to college soon and are going to need to do many things on their own.  We then watched a great video produced by the church on the Parable of the Ten Virgins.  It really made me realize how important it is to fill our lamps because we don't know when the day will come that we will need it.  We must be prepared. 
Here is a quote from Brigham Young that I liked:

Instead of seraching after what the Lord is going to do for us, let us inquire what we can do for ourselves.
pg 293
Here is a link to my blog a few years back....
I want to always be prepared spiritual so that when that day does come I will be ready.  I did however learn that as I serve, pray, read scriptures and fulfill my calling that I am adding drops each time those things are done.  I know I can always do better but I'm grateful for my testimony and the truths I know and hold dear to my heart.  

http://afraid2blog.blogspot.com/2008/11/where-is-my-book.html

Comments

Sandy K. said…
Isn't it fun to look back at what we've shared? I miss all the photos you have shared in the past -they push me to look differently when shooting my own family. Thank you for posting about the right way to live life, and to quote those who help show you the way.

Popular Posts