Ella


Sorry, if my dog's name offends anyone (especially those whose girls are named Ella) but that is what the family finally decided on. On Sunday I awoke to white trash all over my living room... Well, let me clarify... there were white pieces of paper plastered all over everything... "VOTE for Ella" or "VOTE for Cookie". The girls were very set on naming the puppy Ella whereas Garrett and Liam wanted her to be named Cookie. They decided to hold an election. Everywhere I went there were signs... I went to warm up something in the microwave and what do I see but "VOTE for Ella"... I venture into the bathroom and come to find another Ella sign neatly placed on the toilet seat. Obviously the girls were much more enthused about getting her named Ella than the boys. Although, they were pretty adamant that they did not like the name Ella... Well, dad ended up giving his vote to Charly. The girls placed two pieces of paper on the floor with each name and let Charly choose. If I recall, dad's vote went to Cookie. But then when she choose for herself, I believe it was another vote for Ella (of course.. she Charly a girl ya know and very obedient to her older sisters). In the end Ella won 5 to 3. The boys were disappointed but dad made a good point, Garrett had been there to pick her out so he conceded and accepted Ella as her new name!

While I still really like my puppy, I want to jot those endearing and cute things down... (ya know, just in case I don't always feel that way... maybe we should do that with our husbands? Just kidding Cy, you know I love you!)
  • She loves to cuddle. At first i thought it was because she liked us but Bridgett told me it was because she misses her mother... OH... that made me sad. So I cuddle her even a little more now.
  • She lets Charly pick her up, pull her tale and twist her little paw in all sorts of directions. Charly giggles and giggles. The puppy lies there and takes it until I come rescue her.
  • She takes little naps with Grant. He always comes and gets her and says, "I want her to sit on my lap!"
  • I get to go for walks now with a dog! It gets me out more... the funny thing is that Ella prefers riding in the stroller than walking... what a lazy dog! (but I could never take a cat for a walk in a stroller... they are much too independent.)
  • She paws at the door when she wants to come in... she also knows I'm a sucker and will come at her first call.
  • She loves to be outside with us and she doesn't run away.
  • She doesn't bark... or make any other sound for the matter.
  • She follows me around like a little puppy dog... (note: I have never had a puppy before, I have just always heard that expression!)
  • Grant now has a new best friend to play with while his big brother Liam is at school.
Those are just a few things I like about my puppy... I told Cyrus not to let me call her my baby... I've had to catch myself a few times... AHHH... I don't want to be one of those... but I probably will be. I've even already dressed her up in doll clothing! I know, pretty pathetic...
All in all we love our little puppy... Who knows though, next week's post might be titled "things I dislike about my puppy!" Or maybe "Puppy for sale!"

Comments

Sims Mom said…
Having a puppy is totally a love/hate situation! You will see. She is pretty cute and sweet though. I took your advice and changed to a pop up comment box. Ask and ye shall receive!
Marly said…
Aunt Leann
my friends chublablas name is Ella, nice choice
Audrey
Richard said…
Love your blog!! and your dog. It almost makes me want to get one. Your kids are so cute to hold an election. You guys have too much fun.
PMick said…
Leanne - six kids, a home, and a dog! You can't make this kind of stuff up. I love your family and am so glad you'll share it with us all with this blog.
grandma said…
My stars! just everyone enjoys. I do like Ella and I have always wanted a little puppy...dad say NO, he wants a cattle dog..I told him then we will have two dogs... later love m

Popular Posts