Labor Day FUN!



We rarely have the time to take the kids out on their motorcycles but today we made the time. We met up with Jeremy and Sandy and headed to the desert to kick up some dirt. Liam was was so excited to go because he had just received a pair of new motorcycle pants from his grandpa. They even matched his red motocross shirt. Currently the weather in Menifee is quite HOT. Most days reach 100, so we wanted to be out there a little early. I knew it was going to heat up but Liam didn't mind, he still wanted to wear his motocross outfit. He looked pretty darn hot to me... but I couldn't talk him out of it. After he was dressed and ready to go Grant came down with his motocross outfit... well, what he thought one was anyway. It was a pair of pjs that that had dirtbikes on them. Needless to say, I couldn't talk him out of wearing his Motorcross outfit either. We were lookin' good!


The kids loved every minute of it. Garrett does really well on the Husky and the Yamaha 80, he rode non stop, occasionally coming back for a drink. And Liam as well, he has been known as our timid one, rarely hopped off for a drink (and he looked sooo hot!) He was doing great out there. He tipped the bike over a few times but there was nothing stopping him from getting right back on. Marci loves to ride as well and as always, my constant helper. She knows when to step in when needed. I love that about her. She was constantly taking the little ones for rides. She's such a good big sister. Chloe really enjoyed the day on Eli's little four wheeler. She also just loves being in the dirt with the rest of us. She and Eli spent a good while trying to catch lizards. There was one in particular that would continually poke his head out of the hole but for some reason was not about to jump in their little red cups.
This reminds me of the other day, (wish I had some pics to document it).... We went to the Neumelka's swimming pool on Friday. They are the best neighbors with a fantastic pool. I always go up there without Cyrus so it is hard for me to work with Liam and Grant. I always make them put little floatys on so I don't have to worry about them as much. Well, Dad showed up! We were all so happy to have Dad come play because he actually gets in and throws the kids around, does the Shamu trick (this is quite impressive, one kid hops on his back with their arms around his neck and he dives in, most of the time he comes up and they have lost their grip but Liam actually stayed on the whole time), They love that play time with Dad... Well, since Dad showed up I told Liam he needed to practice his swimming, so off with the floatys. He was thrilled. Well, he jumped in and swam across the deep end... well, I don't know if you could call it swimming, but he kept afloat. He was so cute. He wouldn't get very far and would come up for a breath... it took him a while to get across, it was making me tired just watching him, but then he would finally make it to one side and then he'd turn right around and head back... He loved it. At one point he was even jumping off the wall doing flips into the pool.... and yes, Grant was right behind him the whole time, except he had to keep the floatys on... but soon enough. SO, I have another swimmer and I am so relieved... I love it and he loves it... Kids just love learning and gaining more independence every day.
Well, anyway, we had a great weekend, Here are some pics from the desert.

Comments

Were you really up at 3am? Sounds like you had a great time. I'm excited because last week Brian finally figured out how to swim in the deep end. What is he - about 4 years older than Liam? Congratulations Liam. That's pretty exciting.
kmickeld said…
I love that photo of Marci and Charly. Marci looks so grown up.

kmd

Popular Posts