New Goal for this week....


So, for about 11 weeks now I have been setting weekly goals and for the most part I have stuck to them.  I confess... I belong to a group called "The Menifee Losers"!  We help each other lose weight, stay in shape, change habits, and hopefully for the most part, become better people.  So, every week I have three goals I stick to.  Almost every week 2 of them stay the same:  1.  Exercise everyday/ walk with family on Sunday.  2.  No eating after 7 (this one was really hard for the first 2 weeks... but now... it's just a good habit.  I still stick it on my list just because I know if its not... the temptation is much greater).  The third goal varies.

Read scriptures every night
Say morning and night prayers
100 jump squats
100 push ups
300 crunches
Go to bed with a clean kitchen
Blog every day

Well... I'm very excited for this next weeks goal that I actually started a day early.  It's going to be a hard one but a very much needed one!

DEEP CLEAN ONE ROOM A DAY!

For some of you that may not be a hard one.  But, me and my 6 kids aren't always the best at deep cleaning.  We think its a great day if every thing ends up in its place and the floors are vacuumed.  Deep cleaning needs to be more of a priority for me so I thought I should make it one of my goals.  Today I kept my tennis shoes on and started with my bedroom!  Lots of dusting needed to be done, a few cob webs, various books needed to be put where they belong after they have sat on my night stand for months... well, you get the picture.  It wasn't terrible... but there were things that needed to be done.  As I was cleaning I ran across a project I have been meaning to do for about 5 years.  (long time coming)
You see, about 5 years ago my sweet husband wrote me a poem.  Not just any poem... it was one he spent quite some time thinking about.  Its one I can't post on this public blog because I feel it is too special.... almost sacred.  He's such a wonderful husband, and today... I finally printed and framed it.  It is titled "meet me in the woods".  He framed a picture of my walking through the Redwood Forest looking up at the trees to go with this poem.  SO, now I have a new favorite spot in my bedroom!  Thanks again Cyrus, I sure love you, reading this poem today brought tears to my eyes again.  I'm now glad that I can see it every day.
So, here are some after pictures for you to enjoy of my "deep cleaned" retreat!


One of my favorite paintings from my husband.

Comments

grandma said…
My love, Leanne> I want to come and read the poem again. It is the most special writing I have seen/felt. Cute blog, loved your bedroom - and the whole thing made me aware of some responsibilites. Thank you for your example to many. love m we just got home from Oregon.
Richard said…
Your room looks awesome! I sort of made the same goals -- organize the drawers/rooms in my house. I do not want to do it, but I think I'll get it done. Yay!
Jill said…
Thats how i do it! way better than trying to clean the whole house on saturday morning. Your room looks nice. i'll see you soon!

Popular Posts