Charly had a Birthday!

My goal for this week to is blog every day... SO... I thought I'd look back at some events that I had missed and start from there.  On August 29, Charlottte turned 4.  She loved her birthday and even told my friend Debbie that since she is now 4 she no longer has to "buckle up" in the car.  Hmmm... No I didn't tell her that, she has been know to make her own rules.  For her birthday she wanted to have her friend Kate come over and play, so we were lucky to have Kate Thomas over to help make the birthday cake.  I got this crazy idea that making a rainbow cake would be fun.  I copied it from Jill Landon's blog but couldn't seem to find the page to give her the credit... BUT anyway, I went to the store and bought three cake mixes, some food coloring and LOTS of frosting.  I believe the pictures show the fun the girls had:


 Finished product... Not quite the same as Jills.. But Charly loved it.  This was her favorite part of her birthday.  I was excited to cut this 20 pound cake open to see all the colors. 

Hadley and Charly


Everyone is always so excited for presents around our house!









Chloe made sure I put the colors in the right rainbow order.  Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.


Comments

Richard said…
I want to make that for Liza's b-day. Send me the recipe. Its awesome.
Richard said…
Oh, and did you know Eliza got the Bunnies and house for Christmas? I love it.

Popular Posts