Sunday Blog day...

Today is my day to blog... and I'm not quite sure what to blog about.
Menifee.... I do love where I live.  It may not be the beautiful countryside or the 100 degree weather... It has to be the people.  I love all of the friends we have made.  We have now lived here for 6 years and the people we have met have become like family.  My kids are growing up with some wonderful friends.  I'm grateful to all of their good parents who have their priorities where they need to be.  The gospel comes first and they know how to truly Choose the Right. 
I taught Relief Society today and as I looked out at the women I can honestly say I love all of them.  I didn't know 1/2 of them but there is a bond between women in the church.  We are all striving to live the gospel and improve each day.  We aren't perfect and we all have our weaknesses but I don't feel judged or that I'm not good enough for them.  They seem to all have the desire to reach out and serve.  I truly feel at home here. 
I read a comment on Facebook today that made me sad.  It read "I hate Sundays".  I'm the opposite.  I love them.  Our church starts at 8:30 and it is a tough morning to get everyone ready BUT I love the spirit that is felt.  I had the opportunity to play the organ today.  I get to do this once a month.  I made a few more mistakes that I wished I had but I like developing that new skill that Sister Jepson has so kindly tried teaching me.  There is a lady in our ward that started an organ training course and I happened to think it would be a good thing to learn.  Little did I know that I would be playing once a month.  BUT, I actually really have enjoyed it.  There is room to improve, but I figure a "smile" on my face goes a long way and helps people overlook or ignore those mistakes I make. 
Gotta go get my kids in bed... we are all happy and tummys are full thanks to Debbie Hyde who fed us a wonderful dinner. 
I love life.... (something my mother always says :)


Don't have any pics to share of my wonderful life in Menifee... But today in my lesson I got to talk about the Spirit World.  I got to share a little bit about my sweet niece Erin.  I share these pics with the ladies today.  Here are a few flower shots taken the day of her funeral.  Those cherry blossoms always bring me peace. 

Comments

Richard said…
I love those pictures -- and I love my sisters!
grandma said…
How cute! Love/love your idea of Erin's flowers and lesson and also the Organ. Hey that would be a good family recipe (blog) picture. love thanx just found you. m
S.A.S. said…
Leanne! I taught last Sunday on the Spirit world too, and also talked about Erin. So proud of you for learning organ, Paul wants to do that. Love and miss you!! xo

Popular Posts