12 years strong!

Happy Anniversary my handsome Cyrus... love you muchisimo!




On December 19th Cyrus and I celebrated our 12th anniversary... Cyrus is out doing hospital calls tonight so I have a little bit of time to blog. Here are the top ten things I loved about our relationship in 2008....

#1 We can't stand to be apart.... i'm glad I only have to miss him from 7:30 to 6:00 most days. On Mondays he's at school until 10:00.... it's fun to still be madly in love. I watch the clock and can't wait for 6:00pm to role around... Yea! "dad is home"
#2 We started another hobby together. Our photography business is so much fun because we do it together. He's the brains behind it all. We could stay up for hours talking about which lens to buy next or which new backdrop... or the next spot we want to take the kids to experiment with the natural light.... we just really enjoy it together. We have always done that though. In years past it was motocross together... (someday I hope to have another CRF 250), Blackburn Woodworks (a woodworking company he started and then sold in Utah), Video games... (no, i'm just kidding... but I do sit out on the couch with him and fall asleep on his lap if he ever wants to stay up and play). I love that about our relationship... we're inseparable...
BTW.. this is the next lens he wants if anyone wants to donate to the cause: It's a Canon 35L
#3 He really helped me get through the rough time after Erin died. He would always encourage me to talk to him about anything and he gave me many blessing of comfort that were well needed. He will still bring it up and we can talk about it if we need to or just want to. He has a big heart and very tender feelings as well.
#4 We bought a house together in Menifee, CA of all places... who would have thought. We've lived in California for 4 years now and sometimes we are still surprized that we live here and love it. We use to think it was ridiculous for anyone to live here.... But we are now part of that crazy crowd. (couldn't find a picture of the house... but I love the handprints that mark it as ours!)
#5 We took two road trips to Idaho this year. One for Paul's wedding and another for Grandma Cook's funeral. I love taking road trips with him because we always go down memory lane... about our first kiss... dating, engagement.... and then being married and having 6 wonderful children... it blows our minds when we sit back and look at them... we can't imagine life without them and where does the time go?
#6 Ever since he started working for Hanger O&P he has had to take call almost every weekend.... well, he has chosen to take call.... he works so hard for us, and he HATES being oncall... he is still out doing hospital calls right now. He left at 2:30... poor guy, not the best way to spend a Saturday but always works hard for his little family. Just another way I can tell how much he loves me.
#7 If Cyrus were making a top ten list... this would be #1. For our anniversary this year we went to Six Flags! He had talked about taking me to Wicked but I wanted to go to Six Flags instead and go PLAY... w/o kids! It has been a long time since I had been to an amusement park where I could actually play... I've always been prego for some reason... but not this time. We arrived at the park right after it opened and there were some wicked rides.... we were super excited. AND the park was practically empty. We were able to walk right up to any ride we chose... the Tatsu had a slight line... but it was totally worth it... anyway, we were ride hopping none stop for approximately 2 hours straight, we finally made it over to Gotham City were they had the RIddlers revenge and the Batman ride. I was feeling great and having a complete blast... I was so happy that I could handle the rides and I wasn't getting sick.... well, let's just say Batman had something to say about that... I went on Riddlers Revenge and felt rather queezey but I thought I could shake it off... Well Batman disagreed... I lost all my breakfast on that ride. It was not pretty. I had to hurry up and get off so I could throw up again in the trash can... YUCK! But... my DH... still claimed me after that "not so glamorous" event. We laughed and laughed... he kept saying that if he had been on a date and that had happened before we were married he wouldn't have liked it at all... but for some odd reason... he kept saying that he liked me more now that I had thrown up on Batman... He said that it topped off our 12 years perfectly! And he couldn't wait to tell people about it either! I still love him for that too. (i look at this picture... no wonder I got sick!)
#8 We are often found awake past midnight because he will stay up and tell me how much he loves me, why he loves me and the complements don't stop... what girl wouldn't want to stay up to hear all that good stuff about herself. He's so good at making me feel like his queen.
#9 We've tried to take some time together as a family this year and go on family walks... they have really tied us together more. Kids love spending time with mom and dad.... I know I need to be better at that.
#10 We talk about everything... we call each other at least 3 or 4 times a day just to check in and see how thing are going... He usually busy with patients, and i'm usually editing pictures, cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, yes, I know how to have a good time... but I love that we always need each other. Cell phones and texting were great inventions.

Comments

PMick said…
I love this post Leanne. Your marriage, your family, your life is a dream. You guys make me proud to be related to you. Happy Anniversary.

Popular Posts