Funerals!

We are headed to Idaho today. Cyrus' grandma passed away on Sunday and i'm so grateful that we will all be able to go. I think it is good for my kids to attend these things. I hope it will help them understand the Plan of Salvation a little better. I've experienced a touch of death this year. Friday will be my third funeral for this year alone. No, thats not very many but before this I believe I had maybe attended two others. I do believe that Erin's of course was the hardest and touched me the most and always will be. I believe that during funerals from here on out my thoughts will be turned to her and that day, that is of course unless death occurs closer to me than that that was. I would rather not have to experience it closer because I've found out that I don't much care for it. But I guess experiences like this help me grow if I let them. I've learned a lot about life and about myself though these experiences. Probably the biggest thing is that the Lord loves and and can heal us through his atonement if we let him.

Yes, we will lay down these bodies in the grave. What for? That the dust, our mother earth, that composes the house of the spirit may be purified by passing through this ordeal, and be prepared to be called up and unitied with the intelligent heavenly body that God has prepared. This is nothing but a change. It is not the dissolution of the creature; it is merely putting off the flesh that pertains to this world.
pg. 373

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality site!
I was sure this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Johnie Maverick
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/barbie-party-supplies.html]barbie Party Supplies[/url].

Popular Posts