Will life ever settle down? Probably not!

In most cases if you were to walk by a head stone with your own name on it... it might feel a little strange... in this case it was quite tender. We had never seen Marci's headstone. Cyrus lost his big sister when she was just a year and a half old. That is where Marci got her name. Cyrus occasionally talks about how he wishes he knew his big sister and how he longs to be with her again. There is an extra desire to be good when you know there is someone on the other side pushing for you to make those righteous decisions.






Life has been CRAZY! I've been super busy. The trip to Idaho was great. We got to see a lot of family. We pray for Grandpa Cook now in hopes that he will also feel his burden lifted. It's good to see that Grandma Cook could leave this mortal body behind yet our heart aches for her better half she left behind. I'm glad my kids were able to be there. They had a Grandchild and great grandchild chorus. They sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". They did a great job. I could hear Chloe above them all... good thing she has a nice voice.
Anyway, it was a long trip home but it was worth it. Now... if time would just stop for a minute or two I might get caught up with all the things I have to do. This being a photographer is wonderful but it takes a lot of my time... I don't think any of you understand... except maybe Ali. But I still love it. I have another shoot scheduled for tomorrow and a few for next week! It's been great.
There were a few things I wanted to write about from Sunday. We were able to spend Saturday evening with Mike and Marilyn (my sister) and then attend Sacrament meeting with them before we made the long trip home. My kids love being with the Scott Family. They are so good. There is a great feeling in their home. I always leave there wanting to be better. Marilyn is a very good wife, mother, housekeeper, cook... the list goes on. Anyway, we went to church and all four speakers spoke about Elder Wirthlin's talk from Conference. "Come what may and love it". It made me think a little more about how I need to deal with trials... whether they be small or big. We will all have them and it might be daily. He ended his talk with:

I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it.

Hopefully I'll remember those important points:
  • Learn to laugh
  • Seek for the eternal
  • The principle of Compensation
  • Trust in the Father and the Son
They all gave some great talks... I love reflecting back on conference talks... I tend to forget them all too quickly.

Another side note: I must say I have the best neighbors ever! They babysat my little dog while we were gone. I hate burdening people with those types of things but they were so willing and good about it... well, come to find out, my poor little dog had worms. So my neighbor took him to the vet and got him some good medicine and took care of that for me. I felt pretty sick about it all because of the hassle they had dealing with it. But they were so good... they didn't mention anything about it nor did they make me feel like it was trouble to them (when in fact, i'm sure it was)... so, to end this lengthy post, i'm very grateful for good neighbors!

Last but not least... my quote from Brigham Young:

If we hearken to counsel, we shall be the best people in the world; we shall be as a bright light set upon a hill, that cannot be hid, or like a candle upon a candlestick.
pg. 219

Comments

Popular Posts