Look who came to see me! 01-04-11

Yesterday Stephanie called me in the morning and said that my brother Mark was close by and he wanted to come see me! Of course I was thrilled... He did this once before when he had some time to kill. He drove out of his way to come see where I live and visit for a while. The night before I had made some really yummy chicken Taco soup and luckily I had some leftovers to share with him. Aren't I lucky to have such a wonderful brother who will go out of his way just to come see little ol' me. It was a wonderful visit. Mark is one of the kindest men I know. He always sees the positive and makes you feel really good about yourself. He even looks past all the faults anyone may have. He looked at all my pictures, went to every one of my kids rooms, (I might add... he didn't even make me feel uncomfortable for the messes they we found), he was impressed with Grants pro skills on the xbox and even took the time to see him do some tricks on his scooter. I wish my other kids could have been home to visit with their Uncle Mark... it truly was a treat to have him in our home for a few hours. I wanted a picture with him but with Grants height he was only able to get the middle of our bodies captured on camera (and who wants that photographed? not me... ) so I had to settle for a picture of Uncle Mark with Grant (which I love, i'm glad it worked out that way).
I also want to add to this post how grateful I am to have such wonderful parents. Even at our age and us being off on our own for many years they are still looking out for us in a very NON-imposing way. They are a wonderful example to me in many ways and I give thanks for their goodness and willingness to serve and share anything they have with many around them. I might add I'm also grateful for a wise and caring husband that leads our little family in righteousness! I truly am blessed to have soooo many wonderful people in my life!

Comments

kbos2hm said…
wish i had wounderfull parents as a kid but i didnt but to make that i have some really wounderfull friends witch i tihnk is hust as inportant
grandma said…
Cute comment kbos2hm ....and true. This is my favorite spot, when I saw Uncle Mark with Grant on the photo, it made me smile big and give thanks as well for his kindnesses. Leanne-Cyrus we love our kids and so grateful for what you do for us, which comes from obedience to commandments. Just no one could love and appreciate you more. mm

Popular Posts