Challenge from the Primary 02-02-11

This year the Primary theme is "I Know the Scriptures are True". The wonderful thing about this theme is that they challenged the children to read their scriptures everyday this year. I can gladly say that we have done this every day so far. In the past we were pretty good about reading them but would still miss days, there is something really fun about trying to get something read EVERY single day. Even if we are exhausted and came home late, we have at least read a verse. The nights that my big kids are gone they inform me the next day that they read something on thier own. It has been a great goal for our family and so far we have loved it! Tonight we read in 3 Nephi 12. I thought i'd share a verse that stood out to me:
16Therefore let your alight so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and bglorify your Father who is in heaven.
We really do need to be an example to everyone around us... not for the praise of man but for our Father in Heaven. I'm very grateful to have wonderful scriptures in my life to guide me and help me overcome my many faults... it truly is a great blessing in my life.

Comments

grandma said…
Man, I can't keep up with you. BUT these pictures are so cute. I love your play with them. We got home last night from 2 days in SLC and didn't see my girls. Love you CHARLY and GRANT. gm
These pictures are like a comic strip, the expressions you have to study to get the full impact.
grandma said…
I thot I was writing on 'Charly's day...so send that comment up to her. As for scriptures reading I know how faithful you are and I know it has been a paramount foundation for my six. Love the picture of the scriptures. gm

Popular Posts