Friday strikes again! 01-28-11

I did take some pictures yesterday but I did not have time to blog about them. So this morning since my handsome husband and three oldest children are off on a hike I thought I'd take a minute and blog about yesterday's pictures.
I was looking back at some of my pictures and noticed that we play a whole lot! We do occasionally get things done inside the house but who wants to take pictures of that? Actually I did almost take a picture the other day when I discovered I made it to the bottom of 5 laundry baskets! I was quite proud of myself.
I also might add... I do not post these pictures to make all of you still stuck in winter, jealous... I try to post the things my children love... maybe someday I should post some of the "not so ideal" pictures. Believe me there are many of those through out the day.
I particularly loved yesterday for the very reason this is my Friday scene and I love seeing my children play outside with their friends. They all arrived from school and many of the friends came knocking at the door. I'm so grateful the xbox has been put on the back burner... that may be due to the fact that the game slot wont open but I like to think it's because they have discovered all the adventures to be had outdoors! I went outside to snap a few shots of Liam seeing how Friday's are his days... but he was off hiking through the hills around our house so instead of going off searching for him we waited at the park up from my house. Soon enough he showed up with Bentley and we started a neighborhood game of kickball. There were other children at the park that my kids sort of knew but had never played with so it was great to see them all interacting. At one point even a large dog (or small horse) showed up to play with the kids.
I did have to call them in for dinner at 6:30 and informed them that it would only take 5 minutes to eat the mac and cheese I had prepared... (I love easy dinners). They all came in with big appetites and then they were off to play cops and robbers on the scooters. I will love it when the days start to get longer and the games will do the same.
I'm grateful for the safe neighborhood we live in and the wonderful neighbors we have. Some things about California neighborhoods drive me crazy but for the most part... we love it!





Comments

mom said…
I didn't realize you were going to post something each day till one of the girls said something about it the other day. I will have to check more often than once in a while. I do love keeping up with your family
grandma said…
Thanks MOM! Grandma loves it to...jm

Popular Posts