One of the reasons I love So Cal... 01-17-11


it is 74 degrees on January 16th and my kids want to run through the sprinklers! I love this weather. Yes, I know it does get blazing hot for a few months out of the year but for the most part it is beautiful.



Yesterday we were BBQing and today we were cleaning out cars and doing yard work. It is absolutely wonderful.
Today my kids also have some lawn mowing jobs. They both need to earn money for girls camp, scout camp, volleyball camp, trip to DC,... and also fun thing like new shoes and i-tunes cards. So, they started their own business:
"Garrett and Marci's Lawn Mowing Business"
Today they have their first two jobs. Garrett has to go do them on his own because Marci got a babysitting job but he is excited. Today he came with me to pick up and edger and we learned how to use it on our own yard. Hopefully people will hire them and it will be a good experience. If you're interested give me a call. Lawns start at $10.

Comments

Jill said…
Oh Leanne. You have no idea the feelings of jealousy this picture evokes in me. We were feeling toasty at 36 degrees today. The snow started melting. As much I love Idaho-and mostly I do-I could trade our 6 months of winter for 76 degrees in January!! :)

Sorry about Charly too. Oh my goodness. Pacie did that when she was almost 3....Her hair was nearly to her bum. And the pile of hair on the floor is what I saw first too-along with the scissors.
Loving your 365!!
grandma said…
You have really taken on a daily assignment. I will do what I can to encourage you to continue. With this you keep up with the written word of activities with pictures for proof. Chloe is my girl today - can't believe you are in the sprinklers honey. Hi Jill! aunt/gm/m
meand4boyz said…
We often ask each other why people choose to live their lives in the cold. We were out riding bikes and playing baseball on Monday in the 85 degree weather! Love it! I do despise 110, but it's worth it for the rest of the year.

Popular Posts